August 18

Let’s Study Pollinators!

Pollinators, such as bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds, are essential for life on earth. I captured these pollinators at work in my garden. Do you see the pollen on the bee’s legs? Watch the new video below for more information.

Participate in the Georgia Great Pollinator Census with your family. Click here for information.

It wouldn’t be summer without hummingbirds! Two hummingbirds frequent the flowers on my deck daily. I’ve tried to take photos, but they move quickly! I learned so much about these amazing birds from the video below.

Biomimicry is a practice that learns from and mimics the strategies found in nature to solve human design challenges. Click here to learn more about the Center for Biologically Inspired Design at Georgia Tech. How are we learning from hummingbirds?

Did you know that hummingbirds in North America migrate to Mexico and Central America? They will begin their journey south around the end of August.

Posted August 18, 2021 by pbright2 in category Science

2 thoughts on “Let’s Study Pollinators!

1. Dana Letchworth

I love your blog and am so glad you are continuing to add posts, I read every single one of them! Please keep posting!