December 7

Crazy about Snails

When my daughter was young, she would help me search for snails for my second-grade students to investigate. It began our appreciation for these gastropods, and it’s always fun when we find a snail gift for one another.

I discovered this snail when I was raking leaves and I took him inside for a photo shoot.

I recently added this book to my library. Click here to view full screen. Compare people and snails. How are they alike and different?

Learn more about snails on Scishow Kids. Click here for full screen. Compare snails and slugs.

What is wrong with this snail? I see this mistake too often!

Click here and here for a previous post about snails. Click here to see snail eggs.

Click here and here for previous snail labs. The first lab includes a snail craft.

What a beautiful way to integrate art into a unit about snails! Click here to view full screen.

Love the illustrations in this informative book about snails. An ideal book to teach descriptive words, as well as positional concepts, such as through, into, over, and up. Click here for full screen.

Another fun book with snail characters to introduce prediction and the concept of perseverance. Click here for full screen.

No video for this fun story that blends math concepts with facts about snails but add it to your library if you are a fan of snails, like me.

Snails have spiral shells. Click here for a previous post about spirals.

Posted December 7, 2022 by pbright2 in category Art, Math, Reading, Science

1 thoughts on “Crazy about Snails